Monday, March 17, 2008

Trading: The Trading Room

In the heart of the city in which I live, there is a rather known university. Inside this university is not only a maze of walkways and hallways, but also a very special room, which I visited today.

It's the Trading Room. In fact, students are allowed access into the room (which I found a rather big surprise), and they can use the computers to have a look at share prices and movements using the Bloomberg database, and consequently buy/sell/trade shares. Oh, what a wonder that was! I used to think trading was a rather boring activity, until I was involved in a classroom double-auction trading experiment in which buyers and sellers had to agree on offer/supplier prices to validate a trade. How wonderful! It was due to that experience that my eyes were finally opened to the marvel of such a massive database as Bloomberg. How massive one's world can get, just in a small trading room!



No comments: