Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Random: Jag skrev en ny låt

Does anyone here play the piano or the keyboard?
I had attempted to play the piano before, but quit many years ago.
In the midst of assignments and studying during this Easter break, jag skrev en låt (det var faktist skrivit innan min kort semester under Påsk). När jag spelade den, I think of images of looking out a house/mansion/cottage into the green, dewy forest with a slight chill in the air, and just blue skies above. It is what I picture my deceased uncle Ben's house to look out into. It would have been beautiful, I think, or at least what I picture in my dreams. My aunt had told me of a little bit of his house - if I remember correctly, it had beautiful red drapes.
My uncle Ben died of HIV a long time ago. He was one of the first people to contract the disease (if I was told this story correctly). I don't remember seeing him, but my mother said that I had. He used to send little presents to my brother and myself and sending his love to his nieces and nephews. He was also a former model, because he had high cheek bones. It was quite a surprise to learn of that, as I didn't think of any of my parents or their siblings as being particularly model-material. Of course, they might have looked like models during their time, which I wasn't around for to see. My aunt said that I would have loved Uncle Ben, if he were still around today. I think he died in England, or he could have died in his home country. Jag vet inte vad är den riktig historien, men vad som helst det är, jag önskar att jag kunde har träffat honom.

No comments: